2019 NMLRA Scholarship
General Information and Criteria for an Award
The following general information and criteria pertain to the scholarship offered by the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association. The NMLRA will award two scholarships in the amount of $1000.00 each, per year to qualified applicants. Gunmaker’s Hall will present one $1000.00 Scholarship. Scholarships are based on such criteria as academic achievement, community involvement, major emphasis of study, and financial need. Applicants do not have to be U. S. citizens.
- Applications must be received at the NMLRA office for consideration no later than the following date: July 31, 2019
- Applicants must be members in good standing or a direct dependent of an immediate family member or guardian in good standing of the NMLRA. Good standing is defined as a member whose dues are current and who has been a continuous member for one year prior to the date of application. Applicants that are a direct dues paying member will receive higher consideration.
- A most recent transcript of high school and college grades (if applicable) must accompany this application. Please include a recent 5×7 photograph of yourself. Incomplete application packets will not be considered! Do not submit an application prior to graduating from high school, thus not providing all necessary documentation.
- To be eligible for consideration for this Scholarship, a minimum High School Grade Point Average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale must be proven. Eligibility to include an ACT composite score of 19 or higher, or a SAT composite score of 1250 or higher. Priority will be given to those students who rank in the upper 10% of their graduating class.
- Eligibility for currently enrolled College or University students must have maintained a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.5 on a 4.0 maximum scale, or the equivalent, which may be implemented at other academic institutions. College student applications that includes high school grade transcripts with ACT or SAT scores will greatly improve a students consideration, no matter the year of study.
- Economic status and need of an applicant will be considered a favorable factor when all other conditions appear equal. Applicants that show active participation at NMLRA events will be eligible for higher consideration in that respective area.
- An awarded scholarship will be held until a paid-in-full receipt for tuition, or other proof of enrollment in a College or University, has been received by the NMLRA Office. Non-receipt of proof of enrollment will disqualify the awardee, with consideration then given to next best, qualified applicant.
- All applicants will be notified as soon as possible as to their award status.
- You may attach additional pages if you need more space. This is recommended for the Gunmaker’s Hall application – pictures will enhance application.
- If you were not chosen for a scholarship grant, please feel free to submit a new application next year, accompanied with all required transcripts. Those who apply for the Gunmaker’s Hall Scholarship will also be considered for the NMLRA Scholarships. The National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or national origin in educational and employment opportunities. Any inquiries and/or complaints should be directed to the NMLRA Scholarship Secretary, P.O. Box 67, Friendship, Indiana, 47021. Individuals needing this material in an alternative format should contact the office at the above address or the appropriate program director.