Would you like to have your club chartered with the NMLRA?
Charter Club info packet
Contact NMLRA at: P.O. Box 67, Friendship, IN 47021
(812) 667-5131 Ext. 221; firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the club or its shooting dates, call or write the contact person listed for the club in question.
CHARTER CLUB BENEFITS
Charter Club Maching Grants. The NMLRA sponsors a grant program to assist Charter Clubs with various projects and activities. NMLRA Charter Club Matching Grant Application
Reduced Price on Advertising. If your Charter Club hosts an invitational shoot or an open shoot, the informational shoot ad in MUZZLE BLASTS is published at half price. A Thank You ad acknowledging your appreciation to dealers, services, etc., are full priced ads.
Free Listing. Once a year the names, addresses, phone numbers of contact persons, and your Clubs name will be published in MUZZLE BLASTS. Charter Club Shoot Dates will be published free of charge every two months.
Access to Information. The office at the NMLRA Headquarters in Friendship, Indiana is the focal point for all information, expertise, and service data on muzzleloading. Charter Clubs are encouraged to call for any sort of help they might require at any time.
Territorial Match Host. Charter Clubs are encouraged to host the NMLRA TERRITORIALS, and are given first consideration when there are non-chartered clubs in contention.
Individual Membership. The Charter Club may retain $5.00 for their Charter Club and remit $35.00 to the NMLRA for a single year’s membership for the club members.
Charter Club Discount. Charter Clubs may deduct 10% from their target order when purchasing same through the NMLRA.
NMLRA National Charter Club Championship
It’s time again to enter the NMLRA National Charter Club Championship. The championship consists of teams of four members from the same club competing against other NMLRA Charter Club teams. This is a great opportunity for your club to compete on a national level, receive more publicity, and have a great time shooting. Below are the rules and entry form for 2013. If you have any questions you may contact Joyce at the NMLRA office at 800-745-1493 ext. 221.
1) Each team consists of four Charter Club members of the same club. Charter Clubs may enter more than one team. A shooter may not represent more than one team.
2) The Charter Club Championship Aggregate consists of the following: Offhand, AMS, 2 targets: 6 Bull at 25 yds. and Big Bull at 50 yds.; Buffalo, AMS. 2 targets: 5 Bull at 50 yds. and Big Bull at 50 yds.; Primitive, OPEN sights, 2 targets: Animals at 25 yds.; and Pistol, OPEN sights, 1 target at 25 yds., 10 shots, (note: all rifle targets are 5 shots each.)
3) Aggregate cost $10/person or $40/team total.
4) All orders for Charter Club Championship targets must be for the entire team and must include appropriate fees.
5) All orders must be in to the NMLRA office, postmarked no later than April 1st of each year, with checks or money orders made payable to the NMLRA.
6) Target bundles will be sent to the clubs on or about May 1st of each year.
7) All targets are to be shot by members of the teams, and witnessed and signed by three other charter club members (not on that team) at regularly monthly shoots of the club or times specified by the club.
8) Targets are to be signed by the shooter and the three witnesses and returned to the NMLRA office in a complete set by August 15th of each year. (All four team members’ targets returned together).
9) Targets are to be scored by the Charter Clubs themselves, and the NMLRA scoring staff will check the scores of the top three teams.
10) Winning team shall have their club’s name added to the permanent plaque (supplied by the NMLRA). Each member of the championship club team shall receive a gold plaque. The second place team members will receive silver plaques, and third place team members will receive bronze plaques.